Delete history, cache, and cookies
Here's how to clear information from your device:
- To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.
- To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.
A cookie is a piece of data that a site puts on your device, so it can remember you when you visit again. To choose whether Safari blocks cookies, tap Settings > Safari, then turn on Block All Cookies.
If you block cookies, some web pages might not work. Here are some examples:
- You might not be able to sign in to a site using your correct username and password.
- You might see a message that cookies are required or that your browser's cookies are off.
- Some features on a site might not work.